View Full Version : Infiniti I30 w/VLSD 1996.... on cold start gas does not flow smoothly, also stall...

car manic
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
...start but still starts.? I have owned my 1996 infiniti i30 for about 3 years. I always opt for the premium oil, filters (fuel, air, oil), fuel, premium liquids etc..... the car has had a transmission overhaul and it rides beautifully..... i used some fuel injector cleaners from o' reillys about 1500 miles ago. the car has currently got 133k miles on it...

here's where the problem starts.... on cold (slow stall) start (1 try only thou), start my car and shift it into first to get it rolling... the gas seems to not have a smooth flow, when i shift to second..... you can actually feel the power to the engine dying and then returning... oscillating... then after 30 seconds it rides perfect.....any ideas what this could be..... im guessing it could be the fuel pump or the fuel lines..... i take the car to a prestigious car repair shop and they are extremely well learned..... if there is something that they should usually uncover please let me know.... thanx for reading... greatly appreciate the effort. regards...
I guess I should have added this info on earlier.... my O2 sensors need to be replaced....since this does play a part in combustion (i assume) maybe this could be the problem.... i'm a college student so i try to diagnose and ball park the repairs needed to keep my mobile for atleast anothe 2-3 years...