View Full Version : 2000 I30 Dashboard - eratic

JFlash
09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey all,

Have had some bizarre behavior on my 2000 I30's dashboard these last couple weeks:

- Back lights went completely dark when I was driving on highway in the evening (headlights remained on)
- Back lights came back, but readings were all across the board - MPH gauge showing I was going 140mph+ when I was actually going ~55. Gas gauge showed completely empty despite a recent fill-up, etc.

Took it to a local car repair shop the next day, problems were not reoccurring and the shop couldn't replicate the problem.

- A week later, I have SES light on intermittently, often accompanied by the SLIP and TCS Off lights (hitting the TCS switch has no effect on light).

Thoughts? I'm going to see if I can pull the SES code later today, but I'm skeptical its going to give me an informative, reliable reading with all of these happenings.

I've got 170k on the car, and I'm in grad school so I need it to last me a few more years, ha!

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Teddie18
09-14-2008, 11:43 AM
You might want to check out Maxima.org and search on that site. It has numerous posts about problems like yours. You'll get a better response from members there since there are far more Maximas on the road than there are Infiniti I30s of I35s.