View Full Version : 1996 Inifini I30t electrical problems

bhogarth
09-06-2008, 11:52 PM
i recently purchased a 1996 Infiniti I30t with 80,000 miles. I love this car, however i am having some electrical problems i believe. Sometimes the car shuts off on me while i am driving. Sometimes the radio cuts off in the middle of playing. And lastly, my driver and passenger front windows sometime go down by themselves (evenly) when the car is parked and locked. Weird/freaky I know.

I was wondering if any of you know anything about some of these problems that i am having. Are some of these problems common? Any help with leading me to a solution would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

unclefletch
09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow, I have a 93 J30 and this is something new that I've never heard anyone experience before. I do know thta a common issue has to do with the power door locks not always working, also the cruise control, but the other things I've never hear of....good luck in finding your answer.

Teddie18
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Go to Maxima.org and search there to see if any Maxima or I30 owners have experienced the same thing. Good luck.

bhogarth
09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the replies! I found that it was a bad cell in my battery that was causing the car's electronics and tac/speedometer to shut off while driving. Put a new battery in and no problems thus far (2 weeks after changing battery). Secondly, i have done research and found that if you hold down the unlock button on the remote for a couple of seconds, the driver and passenger front windows will begin to roll down. It is a feature that infiniti put in their I30's.