View Full Version : Seat bolts

kevindubrow
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi, I could use some help identifying the rear bolt closest to the door on both front seats (in other words, the back left bolt on the driver's seat and the back right bolt on the passenger's seat).

I got my i30 used and the bolts in those positions are different from each other and do not work properly for the job (the bolts just never get tight enough and can be pulled out easily). Could anyone tell me the measurements for the bolts? If not, is there a parts list for the i30 somewhere on the internet that could help me out? I know this is a weird question, so thanks in advance for any help.

SteveTheTech
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Now that's a head scratcher I don't know off hand Ill have to measure it next time i get one in (should be sometime this week). You should probably be careful with this problem, it sounds like the nuts that are welded into the body have begun to strip and the over sized bolts or standard thread pitch bolts are covering a very shi**y problem. You may be able to fix it with a tap and die but the threads may be too far gone and require some in depth attention.