View Full Version : Electrical problems with 1996 i30

kevindubrow
08-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi, I needed to replace the factory radio in my i30 (screen doesn't light up anymore). After switching out the radio, power is no longer supplied to the wires. I have checked all of the fuses and they all seem to be ok. I also tried to install the old radio but it will not power on.

Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks so much.

P.S. At some point I thought this was something to do with an anti-theft device and while trying to figure out if that was the problem, I actually set off the anti-theft device. How would I turn it off? Thanks again!

SteveTheTech
08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
If all the fuses are in fact not blown or partially blown, you may have an open in the key on supply signal. However, there are several key on supplied wires on that radio, and if you are going to replace it its probably best that you get the kit from a stereo installation store.
How did you manage to set off the anti-theft device and what exactly happened, there are a few separate systems.

kevindubrow
08-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok, it turned out to be a bad ground (I don't know how to explain it...my brother did the work for me).

I set off the anti theft device by plugging in the stock radio while the car was off.

Thanks a lot for your reply!