View Full Version : i have a 96 i30 infiniti and after returning from a trip the a/c is not working....

pauld444
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
...the fan comes on but no cool any ideas on what i could do to determine what is wrong.
thanks

Rell Smooth
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
If you have never had the AC serviced, then you have no freon. Another possibility is that you have a wiring problem. My final suggestion is that you could have a leak or a clog in the lines.

Deidra
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
I have the exact same problem. I thought that I had run out of freon but I had it checked out and there's a messed up wire on my air compressor. Maybe in your case, you just need some more freon but I would have it checked out by a mechanic to be sure.

TWO RAVENS
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi,
It may be your freon, a substance (gas) used in the cooling process of your cars a/c system. Freon is also used in refrigerators and home air conditioners. Find a reputable mechanic/shop and go have your freon tested, it shouldn't cost to much and saves a lot of headaches down the road (so to speak). It falls under the category of stuff happens, just make sure you take it to someone that knows their stuff.
Good Luck *!*